Hey y'all! Who wants to figure out how to make ice cream and home for little to no cost to you?
While there are all sorts of awesome ice cream places these days, sometimes you want something simple. Adding to that, sometimes you don't even want to get changed and leave the house. So here's a homemade ice cream recipe you can make without an ice cream maker.
Assemble your ingredients:
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Step 1. Place a 13" by 9" dish in the freezer. It can be pyrex, metal, ext. If you don't have one that exact size, you might have to use more than one dish.
Step 2. Dump all of the ingredients in a huge bowl.
Step 3. Check to make sure there are no sugar lumps, and that the sugar had dissolved completely.
Step 4. Pour the mixture into the cold dish.
Step 5. Wait 30 to 40 minutes until the edges if the mixture seem "firm".
Step 6. Take out the ice cream and use a hand mixture to beat the ice cream until it's smooth.
Step 7. Freeze it again for 3 more hours, mixing it again every 20 minutes.
- (For nutty ice cream) 2 cups of mixed almonds in the original mixture
- (For strawberry ice cream) 2 cups of pureed frozen strawberries instead of 2 cups half-and-half cream