Who wants a sweet breakfast? When we think breakfast, it's usually stuff like bacon and eggs. But on a lazy Sunday when you're drinking tea, an affordable breakfast cake can really hit the spot. It takes a little less than an hour -- just in time for brunch!
You just need six ingredients:
125g of butter
125g of caster sugar
175g + 1 tblsp of self raising flour
3 big eggs
zest of 1 lemon
1 tblsp of cinnamon
1. Preheat the over to 338 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease up a loaf tin and double line it with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, sugar, zest and 175g of flour for five minutes until the batter is light.
3. Throw in the blueberries and the 1 tablespoon of flour. Use the spoon to sort of push the batter over it like a fold.
4. Spoon the batter into the tin. Smooth over the surface with a spoon and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, uncover the cake and cook for fifteen more minutes until your cake is gold and springy. Enjoy!