Bread can get hella expensive, so he's a six ingredient breakfast hack for people who want to save money and add wild ingredients to their bread. If you're in a hurry, this a stick of butter and some fruit can make an excellent breakfast.
You, of course, only need six ingredients:
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/14 cups flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup warm water (hot bath status)
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Stir the yeast, water, sugar and oil up in a bowl. Let is sit for about 12 minutes. Don't freak out when it starts to foam. It's supposed to foam up very high. If it doesn't get foamy, the water must not have been the right temperature. It was too hot or not hot enough.
2. Mix salt, flour and the yeast together in a bowl.
3. Knead it for about 5 minutes. Eventually it will start to stick to your fingers, but it will come together in a nice dough. If it gets too sticky, add more flour.
4. If you've never kneaded before, lift the side of the dough on the furthest side away from you. Lift the dough from that end and fold it towards you. Push the end into the dough and smooth it out with a couple of rolls.
5. Put your dough in a covered, lightly oiled bowl and leave it someplace warm. If you don't have a natural place, turn the oven on low and use it. After an hour, it should have doubled in size.
6. Gently push it to release the gases and let it sit a little longer.
7. Lightly cut the top and let it sit for 20 minutes on low in the oven.
8. Egg wash it by cracking an egg into a bowl, adding a pinch of salt and beating it until you see bubbles. Brush it on the dough with a brush or a fork.
9. Bake it at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. You know it's done if you tap it and sounds hollow from the bottom.